Effective Pamphlets and Brochures from Your Printing Experts
Pamphlet vs. Brochures
First it’s important to understand the difference between a pamphlet and a brochure. As they are similar products, it’s essential for business owners to understand the difference. Pamphlets are unbound booklets and typically consist of either a single sheet with printing on both sides, a fold (either in half, thirds or fourths) or pages folded in half and stapled together. The main difference between a pamphlet and a brochure is that a pamphlet contains information about a single subject where a brochure could be multiple subjects, products or services. A pamphlet may be utilized for advertising a new program or class.
Brochures are a leaflet advertisement typically used for direct mail and trade show needs. Brochures are often used to introduce a new product line or a new company featuring various topics. Commonly, hotels will provide brochures for their guests offering information on local amenities. The most popular types of brochures are single sheet and booklet forms.
The most important factor, whether a brochure or a pamphlet, is whether or not it’s effective.
Below you will find tips on creating an effective brochure or pamphlet.
- Know your customer. Understanding your target audience is key when designing your pamphlet or brochure template. Whether it’s men in their 30s-40s, or specific business owners, your design should speak to them.
- Your design must be appealing and attention grabbing. Bold colors and high quality images will significantly increase the likelihood of potential customers actually reading the brochure. All images used must be relevant to your product or company.
- Don’t forget a call to action – give your audience a compelling reason to act now. Call, contact or email directives are successful action strategies.
- Make sure the copy clearly explains how your consumer will benefit. Why do they need this product? What benefits are you offering?
- Use persuasive headlines. The majority of your readers will only skim the brochure. This is where headlines and bullet points are highly effective.
- Highlight the guarantees or warranties your product offers.
- Understand the message of colors. Colors have a profound influence on sales. The right choice of color for your product and brand can greatly increase your chances of success. As an example, studies have found people associate the color blue with trustworthiness.
Whether you need a brochure or a pamphlet, Ries Graphics will bring your project to life. Our talented team of designers will walk you through every step of the process, ensuring your design is an effective extension of your marketing efforts.